The Day Of Your Procedure
- Driver’s License or other valid photo ID
- Insurance Card
- Means of payment, if indicated
- Any pertinent medical history (i.e. lab results)
- Appropriate clothing such as slip on shoes (no pantyhose or high heeled shoes) and loose clothing with openings that can accommodate dressings
- A family member or friend to drive you home
- All medications you are currently taking
- Be on time. You may be asked to arrive 1-2 hours before your procedure time, so make sure to double check your arrival time.
- Bathe or shower to reduce the chance of infection.
- Remove dentures or bridgework (if possible).
- If you are diabetic, please bring your equipment for measuring your blood sugar.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, bring your case and solution to store them during the procedure. Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding any medications you take.
- Family and friends are urged to remain on facility grounds during the procedure — please have them notify us, if they plan to leave.
- Do not eat or drink anything – even water – after midnight unless otherwise instructed by your physician. Your procedure may be cancelled or delayed if you have consumed any food or fluids.
- Do not bring gum, mints, or hard candies.
- Do not smoke for 24-48 hours before your procedure.
- Do not bring valuables like jewelry or large sums of cash.
- Do not have more than two adults accompany you.